Lasik is a well known procedure to correct vision related issues. Many people who are tired of wearing glasses or want to have a vision like before come forward for this surgery. Lasik is a refractive eye surgery that uses laser technology to correct imperfections in cornea. If you are suffering from vision issues like Farsightedness, nearsightedness or astigmatism, this surgery can do wonders for you. Many of you might be wondering what it will be like after lasik. More specifically what precautions you’ll have to take after having this procedure.
Well, recovery from lasik is a whole different procedure in each patient based on their eye prescription and how their bodies are responding to it. Lasik surgery cost in India (https://visualaidscentre.com/service/lasik-surgery-cost-india/) is very affordable, hence a lot of people come forward for it. But to have a faster recovery you should always follow the instructions given by your doctor. Therefore in this article we will be discussing various things to avoid after having lasik.
- Keep your eyes away from dust – This is the most crucial thing to do after having the surgery. You should keep your eyes away from dust or pollen in the air. If you get something in your eyes by mistake, use artificial tears to drain it out. This will save you from rubbing your eyes and causing any more damage.
- Do not rub your eyes- As discussed above, you are not supposed to rub your eyes at any cost. Reasons because eyes are a very delicate part of your body and doing so can cause serious damage to them. Also, your surgeon will give you a protective shield to wear while sleeping so that you don’t rub your eyes accidentally.
- Have a bath carefully- It is suggested to avoid washing your hair for a few days. Also do not directly splash the water over your face. Be very careful while having a bath. You have to do this at least for a few days so that the recovery from lasik could go well.
- Avoid touching your eyes with dirty hands- At the time of recovery, you have to make sure that your eyes don’t catch any kind of infection. Therefore avoid touching your eyes as much as you can. And if you have to do that make sure your hands are well sanitized.
- Do not exercise- Your surgeon will also instruct you to avoid working out for at least a week due to safety reasons.
- Avoid using computers or smartphones- This is one of the most important things you should definitely avoid. Using computers or smartphones have harmful rays that can alter the recovery. Therefore try to avoid them completely, at least for three to four days.
If you follow all the above mentioned points your recovery from lasik surgery in Delhi (visual aids centre) can go really well.